Saturday, August 22, 2009

encantar

Funny story about the language...I was introducing my friend Carli to my host family and I ment to say "this is my good friend Carli" but i accidentally said "this is my girlfriend Carli." My Mimi had a look of seer terror on her face.
I'm finally moved into my host family there is a 15 year old boy, a 7,9 and 12 year old girls. The family is wonderful. They are making great sacrifices for me and Carli (a different one...there are two in my group) to stay here. All six of them are sharing two beds so that we can have our own room. the Father owns a paper store beneath the apartment. We live about 5 minutes walk away from the school that I will be teaching at. I start on teaching on Monday. I'm so excited. The city that I'm living in (Puebla) is absolutely beautiful. All of the streets are paved with cobblestone. Everyone is so friendly and kind. The center is gorgeous. There are old churches everywhere. But what really makes Mexico wonderful is the people. They are the kindest most genorgous people you have ever met. They love so quickly. The people of this wonderful city have embraced me and the other teachers with open arms and hearts. A Mexican would give the shirt off of his back to better your situation. The only thing that I want to learn while I'm down here is to me as kind and loving as them.

0 comments: