Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Viva La Mexico!

I don´t have time to write a true post...so I will post two emails that I sent home. When I get home from vacation I´ll fill you all in on the adventure and post some pics!
To Will:
I LOVE it. its the most gorgous place i have ever been. its sooo green and has beautiful mountains. right after i got into the airport, i left on a week long tour of chipas to see a ton of ruins and waterfalls. right now we are in a little mountain village that looks like it is from the 16th century. its so amazing. i start teaching next monday. im really lucky and one of my friends in my group is fluent in spanish and she has helped me so much. its amazing how much my spanish has improved in the last four days. the mexican people are truly amazing. i love them. they are so caring and loving.
To My Family:
im in the middle of mexico at this tiny town. I think that 20 american girls showing up in a bus is the most exciting thing to happen in years. I´m still aweful at using a spanish keyboard. We have spent the last three days touring ruins and going to waterfalls. We still have three more days. I absoultly gourgous. Its so green. Today we when on a river boat to Guatamula to see some more ruins. They are amazing. I have never mean so nasty in my life, we have been sleeping on the bus and no showers. It doesn´t really matter. I love it here. I made a really good friend Carly (she is at the other school)...she goes to byu and we are thinking about rooming together. Traveling with a ton of girls has been super hard. I´m going to be excited to get to Puebla and get a routine. I save two mexican mens lives yesterday at the waterfall. One got a leg cramp and called for help. Another man that was by him and grapped him. He coulded support both of them in the water so he called out for help. I was about 30 yards away on a fall. I jumped in and swam out to them. I started to pull them in old school...without a tube, when two park guards jumped in with lifejackets and intertubes and brought them in the rest of the way.

0 comments: