Monday, October 26, 2009

comida: its a love/hate relationship

Today: Carly and I walk into the dinning room for comida (aka food aka lunch). Its the biggest meal here in Mexico. We find not one but two hamburgers on our plates, lemonade, french fries and spaghetti. Our Mexican Mama constantly over feeds us. It doesn't matter how many times that I tell her that I don't want to eat that much. Here you have to finish everything that is put on your plate. Everything. When we don't come home to eat...they have food waiting for us. Last Thursday night, we didn't eat. So instead of eating we just sat at with the family at the table. They were so worried about us. They thought that we were anorexic. The next morning, Mama made us our normal breakfast of fruit and OJ. She then brought out cereal and bananas because she was so worried because we didn't eat the night the night before. I poured a small bowl of dry cereal to be polite. Then Papa brought us a surprise. Tamales. While no one was looking, I poured my cereal back in the box. Basically when I get back I will be fat. Thank you Mexico!

1 comments:

Laur said...

Es verdad. I loved this.