Friday, October 9, 2009

The Last Two Weeks

With being sick and all I've had the chance to write. As of now I'm 95% better. I ended up going to the hospital. It turns out that I have a intestinal and severe sinus infection. Lucky I had a docter that spoke English...a HUGE blessing. Here are the highlights of the past two weeks. Here is some of the happening over the past two weeks.
Tia's Birthday: Carly Laga's Mama had a Birthday. Its was tons of fun. We danced the night away and eat yummy food! They taught us Mexican line dances and we taught them the YMCA and the Cha-Cha slide. We also showed them typical American dance...they loved it.
Horse Show: We got VIP tickets to a horse show...I guess it was a big deal. Before we walked around and ate Hamburgers. The actual show was pretty boring. I tried to order a Vitamin Water and they brought me nasty salty lime water. It was gross. We ended up leaving early. We had to push start the Cav in the rain. It was an adventure.
Saturday Night: We went out with some boys, Emanuel, Moroni and Julio, in our ward. They speak English and are great friends. We went to the Center of Puebla and drank hot chocolate. They then brought us to this hill that over looks the whole city. Beautiful.
Sick: I was sick for a whole week. At first I thought that it was just a sinus infection so I just tried to sleep through it. But then I started throwing up, diarrhea, horrible headaches and a fever. I tried to teach on Tuesday but ended up throwing up in the middle of class. I thought that I had swine flu. I ended up going to the hospital. I had a intestinal and throat infection. I was put on four different medicines and all is well now. I was SOOOOO thankful for a bilingual doctor. At first I tried to act it out and us my broken Spanish. He then said to me "This would be easier if we did it in English." He even wrote my prescription in English.
YSA Dance: Went to another YSA dance and had tons of fun. More fun then the first one. I actually knew how to dance and held my own with my Spanish.
General Conference: Carly Laga and I spent the whole weekend in her room. We didn't spend more then 2 hours outside for two day. Conference was amazing...so was Mac and Cheese, Ice Cream and Candy. Carly wrote this on my Facebook wall "LJ: We have eaten nothing but junk these last two days, nor have we left our bedroom for more than 2 hours at a time. Together, within the last 24 hours, we've eaten 2 magnum bars, 2 twix bars, 1 snicker's bar (soon to be 2), 1 box of maccoroni and cheese, a bag of popcorn, a box of wheat thins, 3 bowls of cereal, nearly a package of grahm crackers, and 3 glasses of tamarindo. Outlook for tomorrow? RUNNING!" Our school into on Sunday. Our computer and MagicJack was stolen. Bummer.
Moroni and Julio's Soccer Game: The Carlys and I went to our friends' Moroni and Julio soccer game. Moroni is three inches shorter then me and was the biggest person on the field. Their team got a kick out of the three American girls there. Moroni's cousins are practicing their English for the game. Afterwards we went to a park and played soccer. I'm really bad. I mean really really bad.
I'm too lazy to post pictures here so if you want to see them check out Facebook or Picasa.

0 comments: