Thursday, November 6, 2008

Results.

CA Prop 8-Passed

AZ Prop 102-Passed

Barack Obama-Elected

Growing up my parents always taught me the importance of voting. I was super excited to take part in this historic election. When I was younger I would go to the polls with my Dad and help him fill out his ballet (Up until my senior year of High School). He would take me rallies for both Democratic and Republican candidates. At Thanksgiving dinner my Uncles and Grandma would get into fight over issues. On the way to school we would listen to the news and Dad would answer questions. He would take me to the station on Election Night and let me sit in the control room. He would also take me to debates. On Election Night my little brothers stayed up and watched results. Jackers and 'Tias made buttons and colored states with red and blue markers as the results came in. It super exciting to the younger generation get excited about politics. 

 

0 comments: