Friday, November 13, 2009

Let's Play a Lovegame, Play a Lovegame

Had another YSA dance on Friday night. I'm telling you they are the best thing ever. Everyone dance and really dances. I love Latin dancing. Cumbia and this one that you pop your hips are my favorites. Embarrassing story...I was wearing a new dress and I didn't realize how much it spun up when I turned. A guy I was dancing with told me to be careful because I had been showing off my turquoise undies off to everyone in the room. Half way through they played "Lovegame" by Lady Gaga. Never have been so happy to hear a song in English. It was funny, literally everyone stopped dancing and formed a circle around the six white girls dancing. Speaking of a Love game...My roommate and I got serenaded at one in the morning for her birthday on Saturday night. They showed up and started singing. We didn't know what to do. I just started laughing. Soon realizing that they were going to wake our sleeping Mexican family, we told them to leave. Not to mention, our Papa is really protective of us and was sure not to be happy in the morning when he realized that four boys where singing to his "daughters." Best part was that Gibran's car didn't start and they had to push start it. The next morning we were awaken with an hour lecture about what serenades mean and the boys inappropriate song choice. In Mexican cultures, serenades are used to express extreme love for a person of the opposite sex. Papa was very concerned that the boys sang us that song. Turns out it was the only song they knew how to sing.

0 comments: